Violet is no ordinary Latina girl. Most Latina's want to have a quincenera, but Violet doesn't. She loves being her.She doesn't want to follow her abuela's traditions for the quince. When her grandma told her she had to wear a pink, fluffy dress she didn't want it.
She had to think about everything. If she wanted to take over the quince or let her grandma and mom do all the work. Personally I would rather do it myself because of course I would have different taste from an old lady amnd whatever my mom says I do the opposite. The funny thing is Violet thought just that and decided to take matters into her own hands.
She is now the one in charge and before her mom or grandma decides to do something they probably have to check with her first to see if they can go through with it.
I like this post Nyah it really expresses Violet's feelings towards tradition, I can really get a feel for Violet's perspective on life and Violet's thoughts and opinions.
ReplyDelete